|We empower people to come together -- to talk and to listen,|
to explore options, and to find their own best solutions.
With four years of experience mediating foreclosure cases, Ku'ikahi Mediation Center would be happy to assist you.
Mediation seeks win/win solutions for all parties.
Housing counseling is available from:
- Upon completing an intake with our case manager, we will refer you to a housing counselor (see #3).
We will also contact your lender to ask if they are willing to mediate on a voluntary basis. If they are, we will schedule a mediation session. If they are not and a case has been filed in Circuit Court, please see #2.
- The Foreclosure Mediation Pilot Program ended on September 30, 2016. After that date, if you are interested in participating in mediation for your foreclosure case in Circuit Court, the court will consider your motion to mediate.
Assistance with filing a motion to mediate may be available from:
- Hilo Self-Help Center (open Tuesdays & Fridays from 11:15 am to 12:45 at the Hilo Courthouse 1st floor; arrive by 10:30 am to be added to walk-in only list; no appointments available)
- Legal Aid (for qualifying clients - to see if you qualify, call Legal Aid's intake line at 800-499-4302 between 9:00 to 11:30 am and 1:00 to 3:30 pm daily)
- A private attorney
- Other assistance agencies
- In addition, housing counselors can assist you in doing a budget analysis and submitting a loan modification application to your lender. You can see a housing counselor and submit a loan modification application at any time during the process (pre-foreclosure as well as after the case has been filed in Circuit Court). The sooner you get started, the better.
© 2019 Ku'ikahi Mediation Center