free help for landlords & tenants
Rental troubles? Be Proactive!
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected us all.
- Tenants, are you worried about paying your rent?
- Landlords, are you concerned about covering your costs?
- Need help to communicate your needs?
We can help you talk it out.
Conversations about money are difficult to have. You don't need to figure this out alone. Our neutral third party mediators are ready to assist both landlords and tenants--to talk and listen, explore options, and find your own best solutions.
There are eviction moratoriums in place, at least for now. A moratorium on evictions does NOT stop rent, mortgage, or utilities from being owed.
Take action now to avoid problems later.
Let our mediators help you have productive conversations to prevent misunderstandings, explore available options, and avert legal action.
FREE for commercial and residential landlords and tenants in Hawai'i County.
Ready to get started?
- Call our Case Manager Melissa at (808) 935-7844 ext. 4 or email email@example.com
- You can also download the appropriate PDF intake form below, fill it out, save it to your computer, and attach it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to learn more?
- Listen to our 1 minute radio PSA.
- Listen to our 1 minute radio ad.
- Listen to this 4 minute radio interview with Kaohu "KJ" James at KWXX.
- Watch this 13 minute video interview with Ka'ea Lyons at KAPA.
- Listen to this 30 minute radio podcast with Sherry Bracken at KWXX.
- Listen to this 30 minute Zoom talk for the Rotary Club of South Hilo.
- Read our program press release.
People working together is what will get us through this crisis.
The Rapid Response Landlord Tenant Mediation Program was developed in partnership with West Hawai'i Mediation Center. The program is supported by initial funding from the County of Hawai'i, County of Hawai'i Department of Research and Development, First Hawaiian Bank Foundation, Hawai'i Island REALTORS®, Hawai'i Island Strong Fund of the Hawai'i Community Foundation, Hawai'i Island United Way, Richard Smart Fund of the Hawai'i Community Foundation, Rotary Club of Hilo Bay, Rotary Club of South Hilo Foundation, and West Hawai'i Association of REALTORS®.
Please DONATE NOW to support this much needed program!